Friday, May 27, 2016

Week 73

May 9, 2016

Hey! I am in Elko now. Things seems to be going good for the most part. Not a whole lot of updates though honestly. I am doing really well, I met and remembered about 30 or so members yesterday so that was good. 
It was like a 5 or so hour drive from the west side of Nevada to the east so I had a good conversation with several of the missionaries that were headed out there with me so that was cool. 
Thus far, I had to basically purge where we live in the basement and clean because it was filthy and cluttered. I've had to do other stuff too, but the details aren't important haha. 
There has been a lot of rain and thunder the last couple days. I In the several days I've been here though, we've met a ton of people. we had several less actives at church that supposedly never come even when they say they will but we had some really good lessons with them. And then we also had a few investigators so that was great! 
A member was telling us that when he was in mexico (we were talking about Chanclas which are basically sandals, their mothers normally throw those at them or hit them with those instead of spanking them or using belts or whatever people use haha) He said one time his brother ticked his mom off so much and said he wasn't going to eat the rice and beans (they were poor that's all they had) and so she got all angry and reached for the chancla but she wasn't wearing any so she reached for the next closest thing and it happened to be a knife and apparently she threw it and was like Oh my goodness! and she passed out and all those other things. the kid is okay this happened like 10 years ago haha was just a funny/ weird story. 
The ward mission leader out here is so awesome. He is seriously what will help this ward to get on board with missionary work. He and I were having a really good conversation about how we can't force people to be saved etc etc. 
Not a whole lot else. Have a great week! :) Happy Mothers day/cinco de mayo and all that other stuff! well.. those happened last week, but I forgot to say it ;) 

--
Elder Quinton

No comments:

Post a Comment