Monday, June 1, 2015

Week 25

Hey all yet again!
Carson is back to normal this week no more rain. 
I have a 5 inch thick binder that is packed full with talks I have printed off. Its pretty great. Speaking of talks, an interesting one you guys might like is called "Why 1820?" by Hyrum W. Smith. Talking about why the restoration needed to happen in 1820. Helps to contextualize some of historical events and that type of thing. 
I found out that one of the sister missionaries here has been praying for short and balding missionaries because she didn't want to fall for any of them hahaa. She is the same height as me. It was so funny. My comp was so mad about it when he heard beacuse hes 5ft 8 anddddddd balding. 
Sister Christensen (one of the originals from when I got here) was transfered! New sister is Sister Underly.
My comp and I had a mini comp inventory because he doesn't care about being late places. He was 40 minutes late to get back from exchanges so we were 45 minutes late to dinner. Stayed for 15 minutes and left. Then he was like well it was a good reason (he later told me that he couldn't get the member he had with him to shut up lol). Then later he did it several more times. Lots of the members here he has offended too which is great. I talked to him about it and he was like "well I don't really care, i'm not here to please members anyways" which sucks because I've worked really hard to gain their trust. Plus he has to realize working through the members is the best way to do missionary work. Not sure what his deal has been lately. Oh well though! I am doing great like always :) 

We went to one of our investigators quincernera on saturaday! which is a 15th bday for latinos for those who don't know. Its a big deal for them. We had a lot of people there we knew. We made an appearance, took pictures. Ate some food and left. 

Yesterday we had a special stake conference with President Rasband who is the president of the qurums of the 70. He told us some personal stories he had with L. Tom Perry who passed away on friday I believe. 

The Robinsons, who are from Seattle. I've talked about them before. They are from Redmond actually, sorry. They were showing us pictures of their kids (they had before) and their youngest daughter who is serving a mission in Baltimore, I knew her boyfriend and a bunch of their friends it was so funny. small world. 
Have a great week!

 
                                                                     Ernesto

No comments:

Post a Comment