Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Week 26


WOOOO Happy Bday week for me! :) 
It has been super hot this past week! well hot for me. high 80s.  Last week we went hiking and that was super fun. 
We've had so many powerful lessons this past week. It was cool. Lots of funny stories too. I'll keep with tradition and tell mostly the funny ones. :) 

Jacky and Janet's sisters Nancy and Angelica and Sarah don't live in our area but they are at Jackys house very often so we talk to them about church of course. We told them there are some really good Sister missionaries in their area and they were like "what if we don't want sister missionaries?" and then one of them asked "Are you guys married" but in spanish. So Estan Casados? The word for tired is cansado and my companion thought she said if we were tired and he replied "No, we have energy all the time its great!" and I was like WOW hahaha everyone laughed real hard. He turned very red suffice to say. 

It is very funny though, I dont think I've ever gotten so much attention from women in my entire life hahaha! Its gotta be the fact number 1. I'm a missionary and therefore something they can't have. It is amusing though. Just have to be careful of course. 
My comp is kind of funny though. He thinks he is gods gift to women (ironic I say that after what I just said haaa..I dont think that about myself though). This past week one of the things he did was the sister missionary he knows is from his home town. She's in our district now and her eye was twitching because something was in it. In the car ride home after the meeting we had, he was like "Man Sister Underly was winking me at the entire time, it was awesome" hahahahahaha I was just dying. Rolled my eyes a few times at him. 
We had a baptism this past week! :) It was great, I'll send a picture. I've never seen someone get dressed so quickly afterwards... kid you not MAYBE 1.5 minutes after she was out of the water. It was crazy. 
I was on exchanges with Elder Leon this past week aggain. Love that guy. Probably the coolest missionary I've met thus far. He and I get along super well I hope we get to be companions at some point. 
At church yesterday one of the members sisters was there (shes 27 and sometimes comes to our ward, sometimes to the singles ward) and I had met her real quick so I asked how the schooling went. She just finished a masters in Economics. Then I found out she was super intellectual and would be a perfect friend for someone we teach. I said that then asked if we could get her number. Brother Coughlin, the ward mission leader was with me and he said in a joking voice "he's asking for COMPLETELY missionary puroses only " hahahaha I turned so red it was embarrassing. Anyways I need to get going. this email is huge haha! Good luck
Elder Quinton
Baptism

Day hike up to a huge flag

No comments:

Post a Comment