Thursday, October 22, 2015

Week 44


Oct 12th letter:

We had a phenomenal week! We started applying things that worked for me in my first area really well between finding methods and stuff in general and our numbers doubled this past week. It was awesome, we are super pumped. 
We went to the temple this week also! First time since I've been a missionary that ive been able to go it was super fun. 
Funny story so this past week I was at a spanish dinner and I was trying to describe the person, Carlos, that we baptized this last week and I was going to say "viajito" which means pretty much little old man" but I accidentally said "viajoto" which isnt a word. But joto pretty much means gay. so it was implied. Everyone laughed at me it was awkward, yet super funny haha!
Speaking of Carlos, we baptized him this past week it was super awesome! 

Someone sent us a referral and we called the guy, turned out to be a wrong phone number (classic) and Knight was going to hang up and I was like "dude, try to share the gospel with him" and so he was like well have you ever talked to misisonaries before? and started teaching him over the phone and then I was like Knight, ask him to say a prayer with you over the phone. And he totally did! It was so funny. a fun experience. 

Sal, Isaacs room/our friend/ward mission leader. was at dinner with us last night and He was like elders you didnt eat very much! We had eaten a full plate but I was like wellllll we dont want to gain weight and we are trying to work out more and he was like "ohhhhhhhhh I understand what you're doing, you want to be the guys that go to the beach and all the girls stare!" and then he was like "con razon elder," which kind of means that he understands now and then he imitated the face and then said we call those guys in spanish "Las traigo muertas" which literally means I bring the girls death. It was SO funny. we were all laughing so hard. 
Last night we were supposed to have a lesson with this guy that we just met that is an alcoholic and he called to tell us he was busy and not to stop by. Then 2 hours later another set of elders call us asking if we teach him and we were like yeaaaaaaaa why? and apparently alberto saw 2 missionaries walking and came running because he thought it was us and knew we needed to come over and he really wanted to talk. Then they called us. It was really cool. especially because our appointment we were suipposed to have at the time we received the call just had cancelded. miracles for days!


--
Elder Quinton

No comments:

Post a Comment