Thursday, August 27, 2015

Week 37

Hey hows it going!
Transfers were stressful like normal of course. I am now with elder Knight. We have 4 elders living in the house that I am in. Elders Dugger and McSheehy upstairs and Elder Knight and myself downstairs. 

We had a super cool experience with someone we met yesterday when I was with Elder Dugger and McSheehy before Knight got here(he was coming from the east side of nevada). We went to contact someone missioanries had contacted before but ended. up running into an inactive member of the churchl. He saw us (he was swiomming) and got out to introduce himself. They we went away and tried to contact the person we wanted to and he saw us again and he came over and was like Elders Im taking this as a sign, I need to talk to you about myself. He then proceeded to tell us his life story and all the trials he had gone through and whatnot and that he tried to come back to church but that he didnt feel welcome or something to that effect. After he tells me all this I felt so strongly to tell him the following "Jason. God needs you on his side, there are many people in your life that need your testimony and experiences to help them to come to the gospel and you will play a pivitol role in that" I said some other things as well but yea. It was crazy though, his eyes got all glassy and he shook my hand for like a minute saying thank you so much. I was only with those 2 elders for.. a couple hours. definitely not a coincidence that we came across someone who I needed to be there for. Our experiences in life are supposed to help others. lesson learned haha. 
We started a nerf war with the other elders that live in the house. Then the next evening we arrived home to all the lights off, all the doors closed and a note on a chair with a flashlight that said "Zombies... No lights, flashlights only, you get bit you die" and there was a nerf pistol with one bullet and then we found bigger better guns with more bullets it was SOOOO hilarious hahaha! Suffice to say though.. Elder Knight and I won. 
I will send a picture of the note attached. 
We've been talking a ton more spanish! its been so great. It is SUCH a relief to have tons of people outside. I definitely think this area has the highest potential of all that ive been in sso far. We have lots of work ahead of us, but in the 3 days elder knight and I have beentogether we already have had more success than the elders before us. 
I am having tons of fun here. My favorite part of being a missionary is seeing the changes that people make in their lives to become better people. People from all types of backgrounds. Gangsters, drug lords, old people, homeless people, etc. People from every type of background can set aside their differences to come together as children of God. Super cool stuff. Helping people really is the best. Love you all!
Elder Quinton




the Comp feel asleep  in church 

making breakfast

                                                               Triplet ties

No comments:

Post a Comment