Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Week 3

Happy New Years Eve everyone! 

This past week has been full of lots of random fun things we've done. I am officially half way done with my MTC stay in mexico. I am also one third of the way into writing in my journal. 

Christmas was good here, the food was honestly kind of crappy that day but whatever. We had several devotionals that day and most were really good. I have been noticing very often a lot of people are falling asleep at devotionals and meetings so that's been kind of funny. We have been putting spoons on people when they fall asleep, like we will bend the back of the spoon and put it on their collar, or slip it in their pocket, its quite hilarious. 

We have made it a thing to go to the roof of one of the buildings here and watch the sunsets. Its a 3 or 4 story tall building but its super fun. 

Some of the Elders here really have just been wasting their time here. During study time or language time, they will be just drawing or playing piano instead. And they arent very good with the language. 

The other day a couple guys from my zone were going to the cafeteria after dinner because they wanted some cereal (they always leave the dry cereal out) and they had gotten a little cup full already but they were really hungry still and I was like oh dude i have a gallon bag in my bag you can just fill that. So they went over there to fill it and they decided not to because there was a lot of people around it. So later that night at like.. 10:15 they knock on our door and hold it up. Apparently they went over there at like 10 to fill it when no one is there and a security guard saw them and they just started sprinting and he was like what are you guys doing? One Elder had hidden the bag in his bag. And apparently you aren't supposed to be in the cafeteria at night which is stupid because, they leave the doors wideeeeee open.

I have started working out with my roommate Elder Craner at 5:30 every morning because they gym is also always open. That's sucked because well that's really early for me. I've actually adjusted to the schedule really easy though. The past couple nights I keep randomly waking up at 4 am though. 

Sunday kind of took an interesting turn, we were supposed to be watching a devotional and they were having problems with the sound. It was a video of Richard G. Scott and it was really quiet, and there was a ton of feedback noise from microphones or something but it was making a really loud noise and it was giving me a really bad headache and I thought out loud "how am I supposed to feel the spirit with that super loud noise" and I looked at my companion and he looked like something was wrong so I was like dude are you okay? and He completely blew up at me. He was like "I am just trying to figure out how I got stuck with the most pathetic excuse for a human being as my companion, all you ever do is complain." I was like UHHHH... okay... I talked to several other people to ask them if I do complain a lot and they were like no I rarely hear you complain. I think he was just mad because I called him out the day before because he takes 30 minute long showers and then takes an extra 15 minutes in the bathroom after that. Of course when I told him this his response was "well if you got back from the gym earlier you could get in first" and I'm just come on have some respect. Our roommates never shower until after their gym time because of him because the water gets cold. However I'm happy to say since I mentioned something, hes been taking 10 minute long showers ;) I'm not sure whats going on with him. He wont say but Im a little worried for him. He's kinda just being bipolar though, and everyone has noticed it and they ask what is going on with him. He acts out at everyone. 

My zone leader is so funny, I've been talking to him a bit lately its been great. I can't remember what someone said, but they said something stupid to him and he walked out of the little store here and was like hey Elder Quinton, "como se dice GAYYYYYY!" I was dying. For those of you that don't know Spanish, como se dice means "how do you say.. (and then you say an English word)"

There's lots more I could write but this email is becoming very hefty and I don't want people to just not read it because its big. Love you all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment