Saturday, December 20, 2014

Week 1

(For anyone wanting to send Cabe an email his address is caleb.quinton.myldsmail.net!)

YES! I love Eileen she is awesome, she is who I went to the temple with that one week that Taylor was in California. Her and 2 other girls. You'd like a sister in my district shes from Florida, has a very southern accent its quite funny.

Okay the food is WAYYYYY yummy. I am loving it. I have had no problems adjusting to it. I eat lots of Mexican food. I keep seeing lots of elders getting seconds and thirds and lots of sugary foods and I'm just like dude you're gonna get fat. I have eaten like two desserts the whole time I've been here. Lots of the elders have been having problems adjusting though baha I've been laughing at them.

 My companion is elder shepherd he is from Montana. He is 18. He has been super frustrating but is getting better. He hasn't been trying with Spanish at allllll and just leaving me to translate everything for our investigator stuff. We have taught an investigator 4 lessons so far. The second day we were here we already started teaching in Spanish. I cant imagine coming here with no Spanish language background. My roommates are hilarious. I know 4 other people going to Reno! Sister Friend (the one that flew with me from Seattle) was in the same endowment session Carsten, Taylor and I were in the day that I left.  Thus far I am the oldest person here that I've met. I have one 21 year old in my zone. I have heard that there is another 22 year old somewhere around the campus but I haven't met him yet. I started making jokes about being the missionary grandpa and until I meet someone older will continue to refer to myself as such.   

As for Pa, weird coincidence.. we were at the mexico city temple visitors center today and we watched a video about eternal families and it got to this part about this grandpa dying (the video was amazing btw) and I got the most overwhelming feeling that Pa was standing next to me. It was so strange because it was just. I'm not sure how to explain it I just felt like he was there helping me. I started crying which is also weird because 1. I don't cry 2. I haven't cried since I left (sorry ;) ) it was a very cool feeling though. 

And very nice! that is exciting! I have some other things that I need as well actually. Don't send them to the mission home yet I wont even get there till January 20th. I'll email you next week about what else I need though. and nice! that is pretty exciting. first date for her eh? I'll attach some pictures. I bought something super cool but I will send a picture of that next week. There's lots more I could probably say but I cant even think of what else to say. I don't have my journal with me so I can't just look in there. It's weird I've only been gone a week though. Definitely feels like its been a month or something like that. If you would please send my singles ward bishop the address to my mission home though, that would be great! It takes like 3 weeks for anything to get here. Apparently there is like a dearelder.com for the Mexico MTC though. You'd have to look up what it is though my time is pretty limited. 

Had an interesting experience though with my comp this week. We had had a meeting and we talked about some stuff in that meeting regarding like being a good missionary and we were walking home and I felt inspired to tell him that missions aren't all just fun and games and that we will be tried more than any other time in our life etc etc. We talked about a lot of things and then I felt the need to tell him That this is where he is supposed to be and that even though its not easy he will be blessed etc etc. He started crying really hard because of stuff that had happened right before he left (not like sins or something). The more that I am out here the more that I am thinking that the reason I'm supposed to be in the field is for the missionaries themselves. I think that there are some missionaries that I need to help.


No comments:

Post a Comment