Friday, November 25, 2016

Week 101

Nov. 21, 2016

For those who had never heard of Elko, Nevada where I am serving right now... 
you probably heard about it this past week as a medical evac plane crash landed. 
I'm still alive by the way. Interesting fact for you though is that I was about 150 yards away from where that happened when it did happen. I was in the trailer park right by that and there was a super loud noise and the whole trailer started shaking and we were like WHAT THE HECK?! and the mexican guys we were teaching didn't say anything and we were like WHAT WAS THAT?!?! and they said we don't know and played it off like it was nothing. then like 2 minutes later this guy comes into the trailer and held up a piece of metal and was like "a trailer exploded!" and I was thinking hmmmm that seemed bigger than a trailer exploding. and them we started to hear lots of small explosions also. So then we go outside. 5 minutes later emergency vehicles arrive and there was just flames everywhere it was crazy. Some people we know that lived right there were actually the first people on scene. The video of the real close up fire that was all over national news and the kid swearing, Luis,  (there was beeping to censor it haha), they were the first ones there and trying to see if anyone was hurt they could help. 
We had zone conference so I was able to see elder Bido, one of my old companions again! that was cool. 
Its been sad to see other missionaries that are going home soon lose their focus on the work and lose all care of what they are doing now and just think about home and whatnot. I'm doing good still. MY companion and basically everyone we see remind me i'm going home soon but i'm still going strong. 
pics: elder Bido, Johnson, and I.
an elder and sister who go home with me
the spanish missionaries from the 3 zones that came to our zone conference. we are the next closest ones are an hour 45minutes away
--

Elder Quinton

                                                 Elder Johnson, Bido and I


No comments:

Post a Comment